Sunday, July 09, 2006

Something's Gotta Give

From "Something's Gotta Give"
As Performed By Ella Fitzgerald

When an irresistible force such as you
Meets an old immovable object like me
You can bet as sure as you live
Something's gotta give, something's gotta give,
Something's gotta give.

-------------------------

I'm going to have to catch a break somewhere...

None of the jobs I am putting in for are panning out. The grocery bill is as high as ever, and the money is running out. And, to top that all off, I just opened the Consumer's Power bill. Oh yeah, it's nearly $300. I have no idea where the money is going to come from to pay that one. Hopefully, Delphi will call, and I can start working soon. I've got to do something, or I will be living out of the car soon.

It's been an interesting day. David is staying with a friend for the weekend, so I have the place to myself for a bit. Amanda came over today, and we watched TV and talked about life. It was nice. I've missed Matty/Amanda time. We're totally going to do it again soon.

After Matty/Amanda time, I went to Amber's for a fire. It was really fun. We burned a whole milk crate full of papers I have been saving to shred (but burning them was so much more fun). We made a run to Taco Bell at like 1 a.m., and then went back to burning stuff. It was a really nice and relaxing way to end the day. We just sat around, throwing the papers and stuff into the fire, and talked about stuff. All in all, it has been a really good day.

On the agenda for tomorrow, I am going to get up semi-early and start going through some more boxes of stuff. Hopefully, that will go well, and I will have time to work on the stuff for my independent study courses. At the very least, I want to finish downloading and printing some journal articles, before my research access to the university expires. After it does, I won't have access to my database of journal articles. Oh well for scholarly research.

After that, I am going to call Bradley and see if he wants to do coffee, then Heidi is supposed to come over. That is going to be followed by pizza at the White Horse, followed by picking up David and coming home. Hopefully, I can get all of my chores done tomorrow, too, because Monday is back to looking for jobs, hardcore. I need to find something. I wish there were some way I could leave the state to find a job, but there is a promise I just can't break that is keeping me here...

Something will come up.

It just has to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home