Wednesday, May 24, 2006

P.S.

So can I just say, it pisses me off that Blogger doesn't recognize the need for "indenting" text. The "tab" key just moves you around in the browser window, and when I used the "space" key, Blogger automatically removed the spaces from the beginnings of the lines I wanted to use them in. Does Blogger not realize that there is a need for indenting? Say, for instance, one were using verses from a poem, say, "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" by T. S. Eliot, just for example. Do they not realize that when quoting this material, it should be exactly as the author/publisher intended, stylistically? More to the point, I want to know why I can't reflect the indent in front of "I grow old," "Shall I part," "I do not think," "I have seen," and "We have lingered." In my copy of Eliot, that's how the verses are shown. Apparently, that's not what Blogger had intended me to reflect.

I'm such a literary snob.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can use html to make a blockquote. Just put the word "blockquote" in pointed brackets where you want the quote to begin. Put "/blockquote" in pointed brackets where you want it to end.

Cakers

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home