Sunday, May 21, 2006

Fifty Percent

Fifty Percent
Music by Billy Goldenberg
Lyrics by Alan and Marilyn Bergman

I don't iron his shirts
I don't sew on his buttons
I don't know all the jokes he tells or the songs he hums
Though I may hold him all through the night
He may not be here when the morning comes

I don't pick out his ties
Or expect his tomorrows
But I feel when he's in my arms, he's where he wants to be
We have no memories bittersweet with time
And I doubt if he'll spend New Year's Eve with me

I don't share his name
I don't wear his ring
There's no piece of paper saying that he's mine
But he says he loves me and I believe it's true
Doesn't that make someone belong to you?

So I don't share his name
So I don't wear his ring
So there's no piece of paper saying that he's mine
So we don't have the memories
I've had enough memories
I've washed enough mornings
I've dried enough evenings
I've had enough birthdays to know what I want

Life is anyone's guess
It's a constant surprise
Though you don't plan to fall in love
When you fall...you fall
I'd rather have fifty percent of him
Or any percent of him
Than all of anybody else at all

--------------------

Yeah, I know. There's been a lot of music in here lately. I think that I get bored while blogging, so I type the lyrics of the song that I'm listening to. And, it just so happens that I have been listening to a lot of Bea Arthur on Broadway lately. So sue me. It's fun, and it makes me happy, so get off my back ;-). Things may be starting to look up for a change. I found out on Thursday that Brenty has those referrals for Delphi, and I have a good feeling about it. Also, Harold, who is moving to Florida in a few weeks, has plans to start an online business (selling antiques on Ebay), and he wants someone to write ad copy for him. He says that within six months to a year, he should be able to afford to pay me $50,000 to move to Florida and help him run the business. I'm excited about the opportunity, though I want to talk to him about the possibility of working from Michigan for part of the year. Though I think it would be fun to live in Florida, all of my family and friends are here in Michigan, and I don't know if I could handle the weather in Florida year round. I kinda like having the seasons. It would be nice to be able to go to Florida, but I don't know if I would want to live there year round. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I got my desktop computer up and running now. It's a good thing, because the new laptop died. I have to wait on Gateway to send me a repair CD, and if that doesn't work, then I will have to ship the whole thing back to the company. I'm hoping to avoid that. Though this computer is nice and I like it, I don't want to be stuck without the laptop. It's so convenient.

I'm going to the FIA movie with Karen and Paco tomorrow, then I'll be at home most of the day trying to clean up this trashy apartment. I am now officially unemployed, so if anyone wants to hang out, all you have to do is call or leave me a message on AIM. There's pretty much nothing going on, other than cleaning and looking for jobs online. Hopefully, I will find something soon. I have gotten used to the idea of eating, and I don't want to give it up.

I should also get to work on some of the assignments for Cathy's classes. I still have a lot of reading left to do, and a giant research paper left to write.

I hope it's nice out tomorrow. I want to open up all of the windows and do some writing. Maybe I'll start work on my novel again. That would be a good alternative to doing something productive. Way to go Matty.

Anyways, I guess I should start thinking about bed: it's going on two o'clock, and I have to be up for a champagne brunch tomorrow before the FIA movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home