Monday, May 22, 2006

No Wonder The Calls Haven't Been Coming In

I'm such a fucking goober sometimes. So, I just got a call from Saginaw Valley State University, inviting me to interview for a position in their Residential Life program, as a Resident Director. It's a phenomenal opportunity, and I am excited to interview for it.

In preparation for the interview, I printed out a copy of my cover letter and resume, which I have been using to apply for jobs online. The opening line states that I am applying for job XYZ, posted on University ABC's website, and why I would be a benefit to their program.

Then, in the closing paragraph, the very last line says "These experiences have given me the knowledge necessary to succeed in a professional residence life program." The only problem is, I forgot to change it in the non-residential positions I applied for. HOW COULD I DO THAT? THIS IS NOT THE TIME FOR MISTAKES! So, needless to say, I am freaking out right now, because there are 4 jobs I applied for that have this mistake in the cover letter.

Hopefully, the position at SVSU will work out, and I won't have to worry about it.

I'm just very angry with myself right now. It's a stupid mistake, and I should know better, especially after Cathy's class. Stupid mistakes like this get your resume thrown on the shit pile, no matter how impressive your credentials would otherwise be. SHIT!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heart Matty, I heart Matty, I heart Matty, hey, hey, hey, hey!

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe they won't notice. I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Cathy

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home