Saturday, January 28, 2006

Brokeback Mountain

I saw Brokeback Mountain last night with Amanda and Ryan. It was a really good movie, but I am confused about what I am feeling. It was a beautiful story about two men who fall in love while working on the side of a mountain in Wyoming, herding sheep for a summer. Though they go their separate ways at the end of the summer, they find a way to keep in contact, though both get married and start families.

On the one hand, I am touched by the fact that, though they live hundreds of miles apart and see each other only a few times a year, they manage to maintain their love for one another. At the same time, I feel pain for them, not being able to spend their lives together. I also feel anger towards both of them, for not finding some way to make their relationship work as more than an occasional visit.

I'm also a little confused about the movie, and I think I'll have to see it a second time.

...and I've been in a mood since I saw it.

1 Comments:

Blogger amanda. said...

The Cakers Fanclub has noticed the mood and is concerned.

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home