Sunday, January 15, 2006

Overbearing as usual...

So, once again I think I've been over-demanding with a new friend...why can't I just things make a natural progress, instead of pushing so hard? If things were meant to be, they would happen...if not, then it wasn't meant to be. I hate that about myself. I hate that I push so hard that I scare off friends, who think that I am needy or pushy or demanding. So I think I'll try to back off a little, and let things progress as they were meant to, instead of overdoing it.

Not much else going on. I am typing this message from home, which means that I now have a new computer. I'm pretty excited about it. I got a new laptop, and it feels so nice to have a nice computer that works. I've even been using it at work, which is pretty nice. There was a long meeting the other day, about stuff that I didn't really need to know. So, I brought the lappy, and got a lot of my correspondence done in the span of time that would otherwise have been wasted. How cool.

I've added a fourth class for the semester. That means that I have 1 actual on-campus class, and three "non-traditional" classes: 2 independent studies, and an online class. It's pretty cool, though, because I have "the Cakers" for all three of them. It's pretty cool. I think it's going to be a good semester.

Stuff at work is still irritating, though it's gotten better. Friday was a pretty good day, so I am hoping that things continue to improve. I just get so tired of taking the blame when someone else doesn't do their job. I hate picking up the slack, especially when no one else recognizes that the other person is not doing their job. Arrgh!

I think there's going to be a Cakers' Fan Club reunion next weekend, and I am a bit apprehensive: the apartment is an armpit right now, and I am hoping that I have enough time to get it ship-shape before the suaree. I'd be so embarassed if everyone saw what a hovel I live in, I think I would die. I guess I'd better get cracking this week after I get home from work. I guess a week is long enough to get things in order.

I've been on a buying binge this weekend. It scares me. I went out yesterday, and I bought a new sweater/fleece thing, a pair of jeans, a pair of shoes, a bookcase and a movie cabinet for the apartment, 3 new CDs, 2 books, groceries that I didn't need, a bunch of stuff at Pier One, and I ate out for 2 meals yesterday, not to mention the fact that I am buying a new desk and file cabinet today, in addition to all the stuff I need to do to get the apartment in top notch shape. I guess I'll just have to hurry up and get the stuff for the house, and then stop buying. I need to use my willpower. Does anybody have some I can borrow?

I had a fun day yesterday. I met my dad for breakfast, and then we went grocery shopping. It was really fun. I haven't been able to hang out with just my dad in a long time, so it was kinda nice to be able to spend a few hours with him. Then, I left the grocery store, and went on my buying binge. After I spent like $300, I came home and took a nap, because spending is a tiring business. I called Bradley around 4:30, and we met for coffee and more shopping around 5:30. Then I came home and started putting together furniture, which is always a hoot. Went to bed late. Got up late. Weekends are great, but they never last long enough.

I talked to Millie a little bit ago, and she might be able to swing in and see me tomorrow on her way back up to school. Friggin YEAH! I miss her so much. I was going to go to Mount Pleasant this weekend, but stuff came up, as it always does. Poop. I'll try to make it up there in the next month or so.

I need to get a shower, and I think I'm going out to visit Amanda in a little bit. Maybe she won't have had lunch, and I'll be able to hang and have lunch. Or maybe I'll just say hi and talk for a minute, and then scoot, so I don't bother her. I guess I'll just play it by ear.

Yay for a half day of work tomorrow. I'm using half a day's vacation to come home and take a nap. Woot.

2 Comments:

Blogger amanda. said...

1) I have some will-power you can borrow. I'll let ya in on a little secret: I hate spending money. I hate shopping. We should hang out and watch movies... so much better than Pier One. :o)

2) While I will agree with the sort of fatalistic approach to life (let it happen), I have to say that the term "overbearing" is relative. Friendship is a complex development, much like love I guess, and while one party may describe the action as overbearing, the other may just view it as scheduling conflicts. Routine is a difficult territory, especially at the beginning of a semester, and sometimes it is that routine that is most important.

I just speak from experience.

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tend to agree with Amanda in the shopping arena. I usually hate the actual experience of shopping and spending money. If things that I wanted could just pop up into existence that would make my life much more complete.
As you know Matt, I have absolutely no self control in most senses of the phrase. So I'm not much help there.
I wouldn't worry about that whole friendship thing too much. If people like you, no matter how much you push to hang with them or whatever, it shouldn't be a big deal. That's just how you are- you like to spend time with people. How is that a bad thing?
Also...ditto to what Amanda said about scheduling and stuff. That can be hard to get around. Look at us for pete's sake (whoever pete is). We never see each other but it doesn't mean we don't think about it or try.

Anyway, I love you much. I'm glad I got to see you the other day. And those sunglasses were uber helpful to me. I didn't kill one person on my way up to school.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home