Sunday, January 22, 2006

Miffed at Myself

Another weekend has passed, and I have yet t0 do anything of substance. I am starting to get really frustrated with myself. I had a tremendous list of things that I needed to get done this weekend, and I have hardly done any of them. I realize that there was a lot going on this weekend (as with every weekend); however, that's still no excuse for this habit I have of procrastination.

It doesn't help that today was really shitty. Today was the first day in a long time that I just wanted to crawl back in bed and start over tomorrow. I didn't get the stuff done that I needed to today, and other stuff going on made me crawl into bed about 4 o'clock, pull the blankets over my head, and wish for a new day.

Things did get better later in the day, though, when I met Amanda and Ryan for dinner and hanging out time. It was good for me to get out of the house and forget about the shit that was going down at this address earlier in the day.

Millie called to see if I was okay. I didn't sound happy when I left her a message earlier, and I'm not happy. I didn't expect my life to be like this. I thought I'd be rich and happy after college. Ha. So much for that idea.

That's it. I'm really tired, and I just got done with some homework for my online class a few minutes ago. I think I am going to put this day to rest and start fresh in the morning.

Goodnight.





"these memories, they're nothing but phantoms
empty husks of former exploits
dried up and brittle, ready
to blow away in the wind
in a cloud of dust"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home