Thursday, January 19, 2006

Wasting Time In Class

So yeah, I'm sitting in my History of Women class right now (though the professor has yet to show) and I am wondering why I chose to come to class tonight. I'm really not planning on paying attention that closely, and I am instead choosing to blog and do homework for ENG 112. These are things I could do at home, and probably more effectively, because I would be able to concentrate, instead of this half-listening, half-other stuff thing I am doing right now.

I think I'm just frustrated today. I'm glad I came to UM-Flint, because I've met some really great people I wouldn't have otherwise met. I never expected to meet new friends here, but I have, and it's great. I don't know how I would have made it here without them. You know who you are, new friends. Pat yourself on the back.

I just can't help but feel that somehow I should be doing something else. I thought that I would be done with college at this point in my life, and the fact that I am taking classes pisses me off just a little bit. I was supposed to be making a really good living at this point, paying back my student loans and making a really good living. I find myself not making very much money, and still spending my time taking classes. I wouldn't mind just working, or just taking classes, but doing both is really starting to wear me out.

Brent told me that there is an engagement party at Phill and Anita's house on Saturday afternoon. I am excited to see everyone, but still a bit apprehensive. As much as I like everyone, I don't seem to do too well in large crowds. I'm just so self-conscious, and afraid that I am going to say something dumb or inappropriate, or that no one will like me. I'm such a stupid boy sometimes.

I guess I'm just tired. I just want to be done with work and class for the week, so I can lay on the couch and watch The West Wing. That's all I really want to do right now. Oh well.

I think I'll do some online shopping right now. I'm getting bored with blogging for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home