Friday, March 14, 2008

Let My Love Open The Door

Let My Love Open The Door
By: Pete Townshend

When tragedy befalls you
Don't let them bring you down
Love can cure your problem
You're so lucky I'm around

Let my love open the door
Let my love open the door
Let my love open the door
To your heart

-------------------------




-------------------------
Now that I'm online more often, I am getting a chance to play around with a lot of the neat toys on the internet. I hope you like the Project Playlist box that lets you listen to the song that I put in my post. I think I'm going to try to do that more often when I post. It's pretty fun. Plus, the music maybe gives people a chance to visit. Not that there are many people who read--I think there is a grand total of three of you who actually look at this. Oh well. I'm having fun with it, so I guess that's all that matters.

Got a bit of slightly unsettling news at work today. Since the stingy taxpayers of the State of Florida (boo on you, old people) have voted to lower property taxes, the remainder of the 2007-2008 fiscal year is now coming up short. Each of the departments has been ordered to cut their budget to deal with this situation. The Department of Corrections has chosen to eliminate all OPS (Other Personnel Service) positions (the part-time ones that are considered temporary). Now, this doesn't affect my job, as I am a full-time employee. But, considering I am still on probation for another month and a half, this newest development has me a little bit fidgety. What are they going to cut next? Is my job going to be one to get axed?

Federal law mandates that our department provide an education to all inmates under our supervision until such time that they reach the age of 25 or achieve a GED, whichever comes first. That being said, my job is pretty safe. It still makes me jumpy though. I really don't want to have to look for a job right now. I have been keeping my eyes open to see what comes open, but I don't want to be put in a precarious situation to be looking when I need a job. We all know the best time to look is while you still have a job.

I watched a movie with Harold yesterday called "Dan in Real Life," and it was amazing. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. Steve Carrell is one of my favorite actors, and he did an amazing job in this movie. I can't even explain it, but I really liked it. Check it out.

No update on when I'm coming home. I'm shooting for sometime before my birthday, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see when the money comes, and when I can get the time off work. I'm a little nervous about asking for vacation time right now, so I'm just going to play it all by ear until I know what's going on.

This weekend is going to be pretty uneventful. I'm going to finish work on my presentation for Wednesday, and get this pigsty cleaned up. I'm going to Vero Beach tomorrow, and I'll probably have breakfast/brunch/lunch with Sue and then hit some thrift shops. There's one I've been itching to check out, and I'm going to go see what they have tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck.
-Shannon

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home