Monday, March 03, 2008

Summer Night

This is a poem I wrote a few years ago, when I thought I had talent as a writer. Tell me what you think.

Summer Night

Sun-bronzed skin
cool to the touch
stretched taut and smooth across his back
shivers
as I run my finger from his neck to the small of his back
breathing softly against his shoulderblade

Long, golden legs
entwined with mine
end with slender feet
not much smaller than my own

Arms
thick and muscular
reach behind to pull me closer
beneath the cool, crisp sheet
on a soft summer night

-------------------------

Believe it or not, reading this poem and putting it in my blog helped me come out to my sister. Fuck yeah! I'm feeling pretty good right now. She took it well. I'm psyched.

I started thinking about what a talented artist she is, and she is also a talented writer. I always wished that I was as talented as she is, and that's when I started writing. I took creative writing in college, and had a lot of fun, but I don't know that I have the ability for creative writing. My technical and academic writing is amazing, but I always wished I had a penchant for the more artistic side of writing.

Anyway, tell me what you think. Leave me a comment. Let me know if you read this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt, I loves you. I liked the poem. It was good. I haven't been writing as much myself lately, but I really should get back into it. Thank you for trusting me. -Shannon

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home