Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A Nice Evening

Fire and Ice
By Robert Frost

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

-------------------------

So, the last few days have been exhausting, in all senses of the word: mentally, physically, emotionally. With everything going on in so many different areas of my life, I have felt a huge weight on my shoulders, and haven't wanted to crawl out of bed. It was that way this morning, when I forced myself out from under the blankets to meet the morning.

The end of the day was nice, though.

I spent the evening with my (adopted) family, just hanging out, watching TV, doing crossword puzzles, and relaxing. It was nice to just sit and talk for a while. I came home around 11, and was getting ready to go to bed, when David asked me if we could go to Meijer. I wasn't really thrilled about the idea, because I am tired, but I said that we could go. Well, I'm glad I did. Though it was somewhat tedious at first, it turned out to be a pretty pleasant outing. I was even in a good mood for the latter part of our trip, and we continued being nice to each other once we came through the door. We said goodnight a few minutes ago, and I am just making a quick entry before I head off for bed.

Tomorrow should be nice. I am going to work on going through some more boxes, cleaning up some stuff around the house, and looking for a job. If I get all of that done, I will also be working on the stuff for my independent study classes.

I'm still pretty exhausted though, so I think I am going to go crawl in bed with a crossword puzzle, and see how long I can stay awake.

-------------------------

P.S.
I'm thinking about you, always. I'm in your corner. You know who you are.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amber D. said...

This has nothing to do with your blog but Dad wanted to let you know that Furniture Express is going out of business and he thinks it would be an ideal place to find what you are looking for.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home